The proper functioning of our lymphatic system is widely recognized as a critical component for overall health and well-being. The lymphatic system absorbs fluid, macromolecules, microorganisms, toxins, waste products and foreign substances from the interstitial tissue. Numerous substances (electrolytes, proteins, hormones, toxins, debris) and immuno-competent cells (lymphocytes, macrophages) pass through the regional lymph nodes, where this fluid is filtered, purified and concentrated.
The lymphatic flow can stagnate for many reasons, such as swelling, chronic inflammation, lack of physical activity, stress, fatigue, emotional shock, and age. When lymphatic circulation slows down, the regeneration of cells becomes less effective. This condition allows toxins and proteins to accumulate around the cells, causing cellular oxygenation to decrease and tissue regeneration to diminish.
Lymphatic Drainage moves toxins out of the lymph nodes, thereby boosting the immune system and increasing blood circulation
Dr. Orloff routinely prescribes Lymphatic Drainage for his surgical patients to help speed up the recovery process.
Some of the known benefits of Lymphatic Drainage:
- Helps in circulation of lymph, blood capillaries, veins, and edema
- Aids in tissue regeneration for scars, stretch marks, wrinkles and fracture, or surgical-incision sites, are improved.
- Assists with detoxification and anti-aging regimens.
- Helps to relieve chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune disease, bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, laryngitis, arthritis, acne and eczema.
- Helps to relieve stress, depression and sleeping disorders
A consultation with our staff will help determine if Lymphatic Drainage is right for you.